United Nation Human Development Program, World Bank, Malaysian Federal Government Statistics Department, Sabah Economic Planning Unit, all of them say that Sabah is the poorest in the World, certainly the poorest in Malaysia by a large margin, Sabah 20% poor, compared to 6% for the next one, Perlis, also a BN controlled state, certainly not Kelantan. Why? Because Musa brings in foreigners instead of employing Sabahans, not only in Plantations but also in almost all jobs worth getting. Hospitals? What hospitals? The waiting list for critical life threatening surgery is 2years. My mother in law was a witness last year. Many died already waiting. We had to pool resources to go to SMC. But now even SMC is no more. There is not even a single private hospital in Sabah now. Only shop lot clinics. SMC has to borrow operating rooms and even equipment. You call that progress! We nearly lose Maliau Basin, if it were not for NGOs making noises. It was not Musa who stop these blatant thefts, but NGOs and oppositions. Who say Sabah is poor? – Musa by Nancy Lai. Posted on November 15, 2012, Thursday KOTA KINABALU: Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman yesterday took opposition leaders to task for claiming there is no development in Sabah and it is the poorest state in the country. “If Sabah is poor then why do I have plantation owners requesting to bring in foreign labour to work in the state? What about the schools, hospitals and other public infrastructures as well as facilities that the Barisan Nasional (BN) government has built for the state?” Musa asked. Speaking at the opening of the state-level annual Farmers, Livestock Breeders and Fishermen Day celebration yesterday, Musa urged people in the state to be wary of opposition leaders, including those from Peninsular Malaysia who are now traveling around the interior areas with their allegations. The Sabah BN chief said it was the opposition’s perception that there was no development in Sabah as they had turned a blind eye to what the government had done. “We do not need to boast about what we have done because the rakyat know and what is important is that the rakyat know that we are sincere in our efforts to help them,” he said. According to Musa, opposition leaders were also not new faces because among them is a former Deputy Prime Minister, a former Chief Minister and former ministers. “If we are to reply to their allegations, they will say that we are slanderous but let me ask you who is the one who ‘sold’ off certain government agencies? You can open the records or files to find out if it was me and you will see that I never sold off any of the government agencies. “In fact I was the one who managed to get a few of them back – so you can see that these former leaders are the ones responsible but are trying to be the heroes now,” he stressed. Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/11/15/who-say-sabah-is-poor-musa/#ixzz2CIKXs4jo
Thursday, November 15, 2012
I suspect this is happening. If it was not challenged, it will become the norm. Thisis what I had suspected happening to Sabah making it the poorest in the world now. Many Sabahansvare happybwith the way they are, but all over the world, nations progress at a much faster rate, even in war torn nations like Palestine, have better standard of living than the 20% Sabahans, making them the poorest in the world now. Imagine, our Maliau basin to be strip mined for coal? Once it is handed over to the Federal government. If it can happen in Selangor, it is surely much worse in Sabah, with the majority of illiterate politicians voted into power. http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/11/15/nation/12320553&sec=nation SHAH ALAM: Another top civil servant in Selangor has been transferred out amid the brewing controversy surrounding the Batu Caves condominium project. A source said Selayang Municipal Council (MPS) president Datuk Zainal Abidin A'ala (pic), who had reportedly revealed minutes of a meeting in 2007 pertaining to the project, has been transferred to the National Institute of Public Administration (Intan). He is due to report for duty today. The source said the Public Service Depart-ment (PSD) had informed him of the transfer. Yesterday was the last day at the council for Zainal Abidin, who had reportedly said the controversial condominium project was given a development order in late 2007 and that it included a block of shops and office lots that were constructed earlier. He was not available for comment but two MPS councillors disclosed Zainal Abidin had been given notice of the transfer. Councillor A. Murugeshu told The Star Zainal Abidin had known about the transfer about a month ago but did not know where he would go. “It is so coincidental that Zainal Abidin's transfer happened when the Batu Caves issue is hot,'' he said. Another councillor Gunarajah R. George believed Zainal Abidin was transferred out of MPS because he had released the minutes of a meeting in 2007 that gave the names of the municipal councillors then who had approved the 29- storey condominium project that was to be developed by Dolomite Corporation Bhd. Gunarajah said Zainal Abidin was due to retire next year. On Sept 27, Petaling Jaya mayor Datuk Mohamad Roslan Sakiman reportedly received a letter informing him that he would be transferred effective Oct 1. The state government objected to the move and the transfer has since been frozen. Regarding the latest transfer move, state executive councillor Ronnie Liu expressed his disappointment but said he had yet to receive a letter from the PSD informing the state government of Zainal Abidin's transfer. “We are upset and shocked, as MPS will lose a hardworking and efficient leader,” Liu, who is state housing and local government committee chairman, told reporters yesterday. Meanwhile, Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim announced yesterday former Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (Mida) director-general Datuk N. Sadasivan would chair the independent committee that would review the development of the Batu Caves project. Selangor Town and Country Planning Department deputy director Norasiah Bee has been appointed secretary. The planned project has been been stopped temporarily following orders from the state government to conduct soil testing.
at 4:09 AM
Saturday, November 10, 2012
If you still have doubts about the intention of Malaya over Sabah, this should convince that Malaya never intends to develop Sabah for Sabahans, only
for Malaysians, sadly of which Sabah is never part of Malaysia. The interesting issue is that, whatever happens to the existing world heritage sites?
Were they federalised also? How about Sarawak?
at 6:36 AM
Monday, November 5, 2012
Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/11/04/sabah-will-be-like-dubai-in-next-10-years/#ixzz2BOztgQEb
at 5:45 PM